During this time of uncertainty and change, we are doing our best to make the changes to keep everyone safe and well. Here are some of the main changes we have made to the normal working day. This is not and exhaustive list. Parents have also been sent the full risk assessment.
- Children do not take any equipment to school to cut down on potential contact points.
- Pupils come into school as they arrive (up to 5 minutes before the bell) to limit the need for parents waiting on the pavements.
- Hand sanitiser is dispensed into the pupils’ hands as they come into school.
- Classes are taught by the same teacher and, where possible, the same PSA is in the room all week.
- Surfaces are cleaned several times a day in the classes.
- The cleaner comes in half way through the day to clean the toilets and main touch zones.
- Hands are washed at set times of the day.
- Lunches are eaten at class tables in the dinner hall at staggered times.
- The playground is divided into class zones.
- Outdoor learning is undertaken as much as possible.
- PPE is worn when close proximity cannot be avoided.
- A small room has been set aside as a quarantine area should anyone become unwell.
- Any people coming into school must complete track and trace.